Sunday, March 20, 2011

Family Home Evening

I got this idea from another blog. I cut squares out of red, blue, green, orange, purple, and yellow. I laid them on the ground. Then asked the boys to find one color at a time. First was red. Then I explained that red means love and that Jesus loves us and wants us to love everyone, even if they are mean to us. Then we sang "Love one another". After singing we hung the red papers in a half circle like a rainbow. Each color I talked about what it means and how we can show Heavenly Father. We also sang a song with each one. Since it was around St. Patricks day we were making a rainbow we talked about leprachauns and how they are always looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Red-love
Yellow-happiness
Orange-service
Green-knowledge
Blue-faith
Purple-honesty
This is Conner helping us hang the rainbow.

Jared loved this activity we still talk about the different colors and how he can be more like Heavenly Father.
This is our finished rainbow. I talked about at the end of every rainbow there was a pot of gold. I told Jared to open the door to see if our rainbow had any gold at the end of it. So he did.

This is our pot of gold!!! The boys were so excited to have gold pieces.

No comments: